6/26/07

Let me first start off by saying THANK YOU ALL for all your thoughts and Prayers!!!!!!!!!!


Friday night he arrived back in the Sates in Bethesda, Maryland at the Naval Hospital. He is currently in ICU there, BUT he seems to be a good spirits. We are hoping soon he will be transferred to the 5th floor wing. He has had the best care in ICU, doctors nurses and volunteers have been very wonderful to him and our family. I got to see him Friday night for just a minute, he actually was sleeping so I just peeked in. Saturday he was in surgery for most of the morning and afternoon. I didn’t get to see him until about 8pm that night but my parents saw him when he came out of the OR, and believe it or not he wanted food, and Doctors say we need to pump as much calories in him as he can take, so his idea of that was a BLT from Arbys’ and a strawberry milk. When Dad got back to our house we are staying at (Marines provided a house on base that is only a 2 minute walk to the hospital, it is like a Ronald MCDonald House but it is called the Fisher House) he googled the closest Arby’s and went and got it. My sister Nadia, her fiancee Ryan, my son Joey, and Ray’s fiancĂ©e Sherry and myself went to visit him. Nadia and I fed him his BLT, he didn’t eat much but he did enjoy what he did eat. He was still very groggy from all the meds. Sometime in the middle of that night his right lung collapsed again so they had to reinsert a tube back in his chest. I went again to the hospital on Sunday morning while the rest of the family slept and went to church, I got to spend a few hours with him talking, holding his hand and wiping his forehead. He didn’t sleep much, and they kept dosing him with his meds. Monday morning he went back into surgery and was in there for awhile again. I came back to National Park for a few days, but got a call saying he was doing ok. SO as for now he is still in pain but they are taking wonderful care of him. Please continue to keep him and our family in your thoughts and prayers! Hopefully he soon will be out of ICU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to keep everyone posted, when I get any new news.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Dear Ray,
You are a true American hero! We pray for you and talk about how brave you and your family are. Keep up the good fight and we'll see you when you get home!
Love,
Leslie & The Rest of the "We LOVE Mia Fan Club!"