8/14/07

Sorry I haven’t updated in awhile. It is for many reasons but I’m happy to report all the great stuff! I was just down there this weekend and Ray is doing fabulous!! He is sitting in a wheelchair each day for a short bit, and is getting outside for fresh air. He is loving it as you can see in the pictures. This weekend Bonnie, Dave, Harmon Joey and myself were down there. Ray also had a wonderful special visitor. Joanne Murphy came to visit him. Joanne is Scott Norris’ aunt. Scott is the Marine who was also injured in the same explosion with Ray. We are happy to report he is also doing well and is now in the outpatient program at Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Joanne came up and brought a wonderful belated birthday cake which her friend made. We shared it with everyone who was close by. I will say it was GREAT!!! We all took Ray and another Marine Weber outside for a friendly game of Football, we ALL enjoyed the outdoors and having a catch. On Monday Ray went into surgery again to remove a rod in his hand, this was his official good bye to Bethesda OR. Because, today Tuesday 8/14 he is suppose to be transferred over to Walter Reed Medical Center. This will be his home for rehab. He is looking forward to the move. He is very positive about his recovery, we couldn’t ask for a better attitude. GO RAY!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!
I'VE GOT GOOSE BUMPS HOW 'BOUT YOU?
WAY TO GO RAY!! AND A SPECIAL HIP HIP FOR SCOTT TOO!
LUV,
BARB

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD AND THANK YOU I AM SO PROUD OF YOU IT IS MY HONOR TO BE YOUR UNCLE LOVEYA BUZZ

Anonymous said...

Ray im so HAPPY to hear that you are doing better I LOVE YOU with all my heart and i will always love you. Anastasia and Harley send their love also. I miss you and I love you so much i pray for you every night.